For World Teachers Day 2022, you may be looking for the right quote to show your child's teacher you care. After all, your child's teacher has probably become a valuable part of your child's life, guiding them through lessons, new assignments and socialization when needed. Now it's time to say thank you to the teachers who make all the difference!
Show your thanks and appreciation for everything they do all year long by sending your child’s teacher one of these thoughtfulteacher quotes. For the best funny teacher quotes to inspirational teacher quotes, find them right here:
100 Teacher Quotes and Wishes
1. “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
2. “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.”- Dalai Lama
3. “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” - Brad Henry
4. “It is the supreme art of a teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.”- Albert Einstein
5. “Intelligence plus character-- that is the goal of true education.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
6. “The secret in education lies in respecting the student.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon.”- Ann Liberman
8. “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.”- Ever Garrison
9. “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.”- William Butler Yeats
10. “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.” – Carl Jung
Related: 160+ Well-Deserved Freebies and Discounts for Teachers
11. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
12. “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
13. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
14. “Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” – Lady Bird Johnson
15. “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” – Robert M. Hutchins
16. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
17. “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.” – Fred Rogers
18. “A good teacher is like a candle — it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Related:Best Teacher Gifts
19. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
20.“What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” - Karl Menninger
21. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” – Bob Talbert
22. “Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb
23. “A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.” – Unknown
24. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
25. “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of the individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.” – APJ Abdul Kalam
26. “A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank. But the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child."- Forest Witcraft
Related: Education Quotes
27. “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” - Margaret Riel
28. “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” - Unknown
29. “Summer vacation is the time when parents realize teachers are grossly underpaid.”- Unknown
30. “Teaching is not just a job. It is a human service, and it must be thought of as a mission.”- Dr. Ralph Tyler
31. “Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.”- Unknown
32. "The great teacher is not the man who supplies the most facts, but the one in whose presence we become different people."- Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” - Eric Hoffer
34. “Those who know, do. Those who understand, teach.”- Aristotle
35. "What greater or better gift can we offer the republic than to teach and instruct our youth?" - Marcus T. Cicero
36. "When we strive to become better teachers than we are, everyone in our classroom becomes better too."- Robert John Meehan
37. “Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s because you’re a teacher.” - Aaron Bacall
38. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”- Henry Adams
39. “Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around.” - Helen Peters
40. “He who opens a school door closes a prison.” - Victor Hugo
41. “What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased.” – Unknown
42. “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” - Khalil Gibran
43. “Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” - Jacques Barzun
44. “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.” - Gail Godwin
45. “Discover wildlife! Be a teacher!”- Unknown
46. “I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.” - William Shakespeare
47. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” - Voltaire
48. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” - William Arthur Ward
(scroll to keep reading)
49. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” – Mark Van Doren
50. “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.”- Guy Kawasaki
Related: 100 Back-To-School Quotes
51.“Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
52. “One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” – Philip Wylie
53. “Teachers teach because they care. Teaching young people is what they do best. It requires long hours, patience, and care.” – Horace Mann
54. “Free the child’s potential, and you will transform him into the world.” – Maria Montessori
55. “Not all superheroes wear capes, some have teaching degrees.” - Unknown
56. “I was lucky that I met the right mentors and teachers at the right moment.” – James Levine
57. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
58. “Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.” – John C. Dana
59.“Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher."- Japanese Proverb
60. “Students don’t know how much you know until they know how much you care.” - John C. Maxwell
61. “Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.”— Charles Kuralt
62. "What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul."- Joseph Addison
63. "If we teach today's students as we taught yesterday's, we rob them of tomorrow."- John Dewy
64. "To teach is to learn twice."- Joseph Joubert
65. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”- Benjamin Franklin
66. “The roots of education are bitter but the fruit is sweet.”- Aristotle
67. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
68. “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.” ― C.S. Lewis
69. “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read." – Mark Twain
70. “Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.”- Edward Everett
71. “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.” – Anatole France
72. “A teacher's job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.”- D. Martin
73. “Cheers to all of the teachers who give out pencils every single day who know that they'll never get them back.”- Unknown
74. “Don't judge a teacher until you've walked a mile in her shoes.”- Unknown
75. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.”- Lily Tomlin
76. “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” - Unknown
77. “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” - Josef Albers
78. “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.”- John Wooden
79. “Be a wonderful role model because you will be the window through which many children will see their future.”- Thomas Mckinnon
80. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”- Maya Angelou
81. “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.”- Alexandra K. Trenfor
82.“Teachers appreciate being appreciated, for teacher appreciation is their highest award.”- William Prince
83. “If you can read this, thank a teacher.” - American proverb
84. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” Cynthia Ozick
85. “Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.”- Andy Rooney
86. “A good criterion for measuring success in life is the number of people you have made happy.” - Robert Lumsden
87. “The teacher … must have a kind of faith that the child will reveal himself through work.”- Maria Montessori
88. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” - Alfred Mercier
89. “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” - Michel Legrand
90. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”- Phil Collins
91. “To aid life, leaving it free, however, to unfold itself, that is the basic task of the educator.”- Maria Montessori
92. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”- Margaret Mead
93. “Without teachers, life would have no class.”- Unknown
94. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” —Marcel Proust
95. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.”- GK Chesterton
96. “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of becoming.”- Goethe
97. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.”- Sydney J. Harris
98. “A truly amazing teacher is hard to find, difficult to part with, and impossible to forget.”- Unknown
99. “A teacher nourishes the soul of a child for a lifetime.”- Unknown
100. “A truly special teacher is very wise and sees tomorrow in every child’s eyes.”- Unknown
Check out 125 things to do with kids to keep them busy!
Dear Teacher, thank you for inspiring me and igniting my passion. Happy Teacher's Day! I will always be thankful to you for all the hard work and efforts you have put in me. Happy Teacher's Day!What is the best teacher quote? ›
"Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher." "Your heart is slightly larger than the average human heart, but that's because you're a teacher." "Teachers can change lives with the right mix of chalk and challenges." "Teaching is the greatest act of optimism."How can I thank my teacher in words? ›
My gratitude to you for all you have done, which I will never forget. I truly appreciate you and your time you spent helping me in many occasions. Thank you very much for the course. I enjoyed every minute of your lecture as well as your marvelous sense of humor.How can I impress my teacher in words? ›
- of 08. Pay Attention to Details. Thomas Barwick/Iconica/Getty Images. ...
- of 08. Do Your Homework. ...
- of 08. Be Attentive in Class. ...
- of 08. Answer Questions. ...
- of 08. Be Considerate. ...
- of 08. Be Helpful in Class. ...
- of 08. Say Thank You. ...
- of 08. Give an Engraved Item.
Thank you so much, sir, for being the torch-bearer for all the students. We owe you a lot. I wish you a mesmerizing happy teachers day! Thanks a lot, sir for believing in the potential of each and every student.How can I express my love to my teacher? ›
- Go to class. OK, I know that this one is really obvious, but it's the biggest and most important step. ...
- Use proper titles. ...
- Don't use text-speak in emails. ...
- Look to the syllabus for logistical questions. ...
- At least act like you're paying attention. ...
- Speak up in class. ...
- Engage. ...
- Go to office hours.
Confucius is regarded as the teacher of all teachers. He was also labeled as the best teacher ever.Who is a famous teacher? ›
Anne Sullivan (right) is one of the most famous teachers in history, remembered for her life-changing work to help a young, blind, deaf, and mute child named Helen Keller learn to communicate with the world.Who is the best teacher in English? ›
Kenyan Peter Tabichi, who has been teaching for 12 years, was recently named the best teacher in the world.Who is the most important teacher? ›
We frequently say that parents are a child's first teacher and homes are his first classroom. We should add, parents are a child's most important teacher and home is the most important classroom.
Rusul Alrubail believes at the heart of every great teacher lies kindness, compassion, empathy, positivity, the desire to build something, and the will to inspire.What are the 7 roles of a teacher? ›
- Providing mentorship. ...
- Inspiring learners. ...
- Nurturing healthy curiosity in learners. ...
- Creating meaningful learning experiences. ...
- Leveraging technology to support learning. ...
- Mediating and liaising. ...
- Researching learning strategies.
Attend your classes on time.
While being on time is important every day, being seated before class starts on the first day is exactly the first impression you want to make to your teacher! It shows that you're responsible, respectful and punctual.
- I like all my teachers, but Shreya ma'am is my favourite among all.
- She is our class teacher. ...
- She teaches us Mathematics.
- I used to dislike Mathematics earlier. ...
- She is the best teacher and is the favourite of most of my classmates too.
- She is a very sweet and kind person.
1) They give love, attention, and acceptance to all kids. 2) They help their students succeed academically, even when that takes extra time to alter a lesson, one-on-one time teaching the student, or staying after hours to make sure they understand a math concept. 3) They make students feel special.How do I message my teacher? ›
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In. Sign in with your Google Account. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. ...
- Click the teacher's class.
- Click People.
- Next to the teacher's name, click Email . Note: If you don't see Email. ...
- In the new email, enter your message. click Send.
Teachers' Day in India is celebrated on 5th September to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. He was a renowned scholar, recipient of Bharat Ratna, first Vice-President, and second President of independent India. He was born on 5 September 1888.How do you start a Teachers Day speech? ›
I would like to start my speech by thanking all my beloved teachers for always guiding us and bestowing us with all the teachings, moral values, and discipline. Teachers' Day in India is celebrated every year on the 5th of September to mark the birthday of our second President, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.Why do I appreciate my teacher? ›
Teachers have a tremendous impact on our lives. They shape our lives by imparting their knowledge and always inspire us to dream, to fight, and to never give up. They put relentless efforts each day to ensure our success. Without them, we wouldn't be where we are today!Who is a teacher quote? ›
Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together. Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today. I am not a teacher, but an awakener. The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
- They are passionate about teaching. Inspirational teachers do not simply end work when the class ends. ...
- They genuinely care for their students. ...
- They are unconventional in the most inspiring way. ...
- They never give up on their students. ...
- They improvise when necessary.
- Maggie MacDonnell, Canada. ...
- Michael Wamaya, Kenya. ...
- Salima Begum, Pakistan. ...
- David Calle, Spain. ...
- Tracy-Ann Hall, Jamaica. ...
- Raymond Chambers, UK. ...
- Marie-Christine Ghanbari Jahromi, Germany.
- 1) I cannot teach anybody anything; I can only make them think. ...
- 2) Tell me and I forget. ...
- 3) Teaching is the greatest act of optimism. ...
- 4) If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
' 'Great teachers are great leaders simply because they have the ability to educate and enable, inspire and persuade, enlighten and empower their students'. Great teachers are inspiring teachers who play a variety of roles and their responsibilities are manifold.Who is a good teacher answer? ›
They have high expectations, are highly motivating, and believe in all of their students. Beyond high expectations, good teachers challenge their students. Students tend to enjoy challenges, as long as they're presented in a kind spirit. One method of motivation is asking thoughtful questions.Who won the teacher of the Year Award 2022? ›
The White House last week honored high school history teacher Kurt Russell from Oberlin, Ohio, who in April was named 2022 National Teacher of the Year.Which country is #1 in education 2022? ›
The U.S. repeats as the No. 1 best country for education in 2022. The public education system in the country is funded largely through state and local taxes, with students required to begin compulsory education as young as age 5 and progress through at least age 16, depending on the state.Who is the best teacher on earth? ›
Wednesday July 8, 2020.
|Sl No||Teacher Names|
1/ United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is considered the best country for education in 2022. The country offers a universal public education system, both in primary and secondary schools with the belief that every child regardless of background deserves a good education.
There are three main types of education, namely, Formal, Informal and Non-formal.
The overall ranking of Best Countries measure global performance on a variety of metrics. Switzerland is the best country in the world for 2022.Who is No 1 country in education? ›
|Top 10 Best Countries for Education|
|1.||The United States||The United Kingdom|
|2.||The United Kingdom||The United States|
- United States. #1 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- United Kingdom. #2 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- France. #3 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- Italy. #4 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- Spain. #5 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- Japan. #6 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- Canada. #7 in Study Abroad Rankings. ...
- United Kingdom. GDP per capita, Purchasing Power Parity in 2021: $49,675.3. ...
- France. GDP per capita, Purchasing Power Parity in 2021: $50,728.7. ...
- Canada. GDP per capita, Purchasing Power Parity in 2021: $52,085.0. ...
- Finland. ...
- Australia. ...
- Germany. ...
- Austria. ...